There are two types of people who repairs cars. Techs and Mechanics. So which would you rather have in your service repair facility?
Here is the difference; a mechanic might spend 10% of the repair time diagnosing the problem and 90% of the time repairing the issue; whereas an automotive technician might spend 90% of the repair time diagnosing and 10% of the time actually repairing something. Most service repair facilities have a combination of both. Each type of employee is an asset to your service repair facility because you encounter the two different types of work. With Micthell1’s ProDemand your service repair facility can run more efficiently regardless of the make up of your team.
Putting the Quick Links function within ProDemand to work for you will increase your efficiency – it’s where you’ll find the information most frequently looked up by users. Our data shows that about 80% of the time, technicians use ProDemand to look up things like torque specs, fluid specs, reset procedures, wiring diagrams, TSBs, electrical component locations, etc.
These key pieces of information represent only a fraction — probably less than 20% — of the data in ProDemand, but they hold 80% of the value for users. That’s why we put all this information in the Quick Links bar, which is positioned front and center when you land on the 1Search module in ProDemand. And as you navigate 1Search, the Quick Links bar stays with you, but moves to the right side of the screen so it is always available for reference.
The Quick Links information sets include:
- Common Specifications and Procedures – Torque specs, drive belt routing, oil pressure specs, firing order, etc.
- Fluid Specifications – Fluid type and fluid capacity
- Tire Fitment – Tire sizes, inflation pressures, and wheel lug nut torque
- Reset Procedures – Maintenance indicator light and TPMS reset procedures
- Service Manual – shortcut link to the shop manual view for the vehicle
- Wiring Diagrams – All the Mitchell 1 full-color wiring diagrams for the vehicle
- DTC Index – All the diagnostic trouble codes alphabetically ordered
- Component Locations – Common electrical components such as sensors, grounds, splices, etc.
- Technical Bulletins – List of all TSBs, Recalls, and Campaigns for the vehicle with a search function